Copyright 2009 Lydia Hinshaw
ORMOND BEACH, FL -- Santa Claus brought me a 3,000-piece jigsaw puzzle.
I started it Dec. 29 and worked on it obsessively until lunchtime today (Jan. 15) when I finally fit the final piece into the final empty spot.
This underwater scene surely was imagined by a scuba-diver on hallucinogens. Rest assured you will not get this kind of action on your average weekend dive trip.
The puzzle's dimensions are 48 X 32 inches. All four corner pieces hang off the biggest table I own. If I ever attempt this sort of project again, I will bring in one of the 4x8 sheets of plywood we keep in the shed for hurricane season.
What now? Well, there's a big void in my life. I don't have anything to rush home for anymore.
As for the puzzle itself, it's probably going to sit there and be a conversation piece for a while.
Since Santa has spent the past 18 days waiting for me to get past this obsession, I doubt he will be buying me any more giant puzzles.
I think I'll stick to 1,000-piecers from now on.
I started it Dec. 29 and worked on it obsessively until lunchtime today (Jan. 15) when I finally fit the final piece into the final empty spot.
This underwater scene surely was imagined by a scuba-diver on hallucinogens. Rest assured you will not get this kind of action on your average weekend dive trip.
The puzzle's dimensions are 48 X 32 inches. All four corner pieces hang off the biggest table I own. If I ever attempt this sort of project again, I will bring in one of the 4x8 sheets of plywood we keep in the shed for hurricane season.
What now? Well, there's a big void in my life. I don't have anything to rush home for anymore.
As for the puzzle itself, it's probably going to sit there and be a conversation piece for a while.
Since Santa has spent the past 18 days waiting for me to get past this obsession, I doubt he will be buying me any more giant puzzles.
I think I'll stick to 1,000-piecers from now on.

No comments:
Post a Comment