Saturday, April 19, 2014

Comfy on a bed of barbed-wire

©2014 Lydia Hinshaw


Southern black racer rests on a prickly fence

 SANFORD, FL -- Normally I don't go looking for snakes, much less pictures of them.  But when I came across this one stretched out on the lower strand of a barbed-wire fence, I couldn't resist.
  Prince Charming and I had sought out a new wildlife photo location near here Saturday morning.  When we finally found it, we discovered we would have to leave our car parked alone in a remote and area.  Also, the weather had failed to clear, as we had hoped.  It didn't look like a good day to set out on foot with cameras.
 While we were deciding whether we wanted to risk it, I spotted the snake.  And so snake pictures were all I got Saturday.  
 However, we did accomplish part II of our mission.  We braved the usual miserable traffic to the Altamonte Mall, home of our nearest Apple store.
  Prince Charming's laptop battery has been on its deathbed for months, and it is not user replaceable.  We managed to get him a new one installed, although it required a bit of waiting.
 That gave us a good excuse to eat lunch nearby at our favorite Indian restaurant, Kohinoor.

No comments: