Saturday, October 18, 2014

Home again!

©2014 Lydia Hinshaw

 ORMOND BEACH, FL -- We got home Wednesday, Oct. 15, to find things in good order, except for the dead battery on our ''winter car.''  That was easy enough to get fixed Thursday morning.
 Three days later, the Magic Bus (aka our ''summer car'') has been cleaned out and vacuumed to the point that it doesn't look lived in anymore.  Unloading the van left half the garage trashed, but we finished cleaning that up by Friday, about the same time I finished washing, folding and storig all our fleece clothing and blankets. We aren't going to need those for a while.
 The past three mornings, I've awakened in the wee hours wondering where I am, and where we're going today.  It is a relief to  realize I'm in my own house and I don't have to go anywhere today, though I did return to my early morning YMCA routine Thursday and Friday.
 We've landed here in the middle of Biketoberfest, and not for the first time.  We should know better.  But I've found that since I don't have to wade out into the afternoon and evening craziness of loud Harleys, they don't bother me much.

 Here are some fun facts from our summer:

Time away:  6 days short of 5 months
Miles traveled:  17,000 plus
States visited: 37 at least
Canadian provinces:  5
Cheapest gas:  $2.79 in Buena Vista, VA, a week ago
Most expensive: $5.50, more or less, in British Columbia in August





No comments: