Saturday, March 17, 2007

And the winner is. . .Denali!

Copyright 2007 Lydia Hinshaw

ORMOND BEACH, FL-- Earlier this week, Prince Charming and I received the job offers we wanted, from the concessionaire at Denali National Park in Alaska.
We'll both be driving buses, though in different departments. I have a bit more experience, so I qualified to drive the shuttle buses that take visitors into the park, where no private cars can go. He'll be driving shorter routes among hotels and other tourist operations, including a white-water rafting site.
We're busy now interviewing housesitting candidates via a website that matches housesitters with homeowners. The car needs servicing and new tires. I need new hiking boots. We're running through a checklist of appointments that need to be completed and bills that need to be paid before we go. And we're determined to take less stuff than we took to Skagway last year.
We'll be leaving in about a month, and cranking up the blog with pictures and stories of yet another cross-country drive, our fifth in the past two years.
Life is good!

No comments: