Tuesday, February 28, 2012

Pelican landings

© 2012 Lydia Hinshaw

Gear down!

 ORMOND BEACH, FL -- Our local fishing pier has re-opened after nearly a month of repairs.  Tuesday afternoon, after days of cloudy and rainy weather, the skies cleared and I took a walk to shoot whatever birds I could find.
 A couple of successful fishermen were cleaning their catch at the sink provided for this purpose.  As usual, they were attended by every pelican in the neighborhood.  So I watched while the birds fought over the leavings, and snapped this fellow as he reached for a foothold on the pier railing.
 Prince Charming and I have made several photo expeditions lately, with some of the results posted on my flickr page (link at right.)  Otherwise, we are making plans to return to Glacier National Park for the summer, and searching for a cat-lover to live in our house while we're gone. 


No comments: