Sunday, July 08, 2012

Lunch at Emerald Lake

©2012 Lydia Hinshaw 

Mom delivers lunch
 
Baby wants more
 YOHO NATIONAL PARK, BC --Our Canada trip has been over for more than a week, but we've been distracted by our jobs, and by some respiratory bug we both caught in the true north.
 Cleaning out the cameras Sunday, I found these pictures I'd forgotten about.  When we visited Emerald Lake here, we had a particularly noisy parking space.  There was incessant trilling coming from somewhere overhead.
  I noticed some other tourists with binoculars and used mine to see what they were looking at:  A young three-toed woodpecker was peeking out of its nest and demanding food.
 Through my camera lens, I couldn't see what I was shooting, but I fired off a number of frames anyway.  After a few minutes, the baby's mother showed with a meal of some sort.
 When I got the images into the computer and zoomed in on the center of the frame, I was pleased with what I'd captured.

No comments: