©2012 Lydia Hinshaw
| Setting moon one early morning in Zion NP, Utah |
| Clouds, rocks and trail at Bryce Canyon NP, Utah |
| Road winds down toward Lake Powell, southern Utah |
Of course, there are moments when we wonder why we were crazy enough to leave home for five months. And other moments when we think it was even crazier to come back.
This week's highlight? I was able to find my swim goggles and my weightlifting gloves in less than 48 hours. No matter how well I try to organize before we leave, there is always stuff that is difficult to bring back into focus, much less into my gym locker, when we get back.
I didn't even recall that I own weightlifting gloves until I began to feel the pre-blisters on my palms at the Y last Monday. This is what five months away can do to your brain.
Sunday morning, during a nearly-futile local photo expedition in search of interesting wildlife, I discovered there were two-week old pictures from Utah in two of my three cameras. Remind me to check that third one too.
Also I learned that in the last nine days of the trip, I was too lazy or too pre-occupied or too whatever to shoot pictures of anything. Quite possibly that is because the wow-factor in Utah rendered all subsequent scenery mundane.

No comments:
Post a Comment