Yellow-crowned night-heronCopyright 2008 Lydia Hinshaw
ORMOND BEACH, FL -- For the past two days, a yellow-crowned night-heron has been hanging out near the fishing pier three blocks from my house.
Since he's a night-heron, he's mostly been dozing, sometimes on one leg, but I did catch him with his eyes open a couple of times. My bird book tells me he waits until dark to search for his favorite foods, crabs and crayfish.
It's been at least three years, maybe four, since I saw one of these fellows in the neighborhood.
Since he's a night-heron, he's mostly been dozing, sometimes on one leg, but I did catch him with his eyes open a couple of times. My bird book tells me he waits until dark to search for his favorite foods, crabs and crayfish.
It's been at least three years, maybe four, since I saw one of these fellows in the neighborhood.

No comments:
Post a Comment