Copyright 2008 Lydia Hinshaw
ORMOND BEACH, FL -- This is spring break in the Florida county where I live, and I took the opportunity to make my annual pilgrimage home to North Carolina.
It was the perfect time to enjoy the flowering trees, particularly on the campus of my alma mater, the University of NC at Chapel Hill. The luck stopped here. It rained for two-and-a-half of my three full days in the state.
In Chapel Hill Monday, I dodged the rain for a while by going to the local YMCA to swim. I'd driven nearly 600 miles to do the same thing I would have done on a Monday morning here.
It was still raining when I left the Y, so I took the big umbrella I carry in the car and did a cross-campus trek that proved a good test for my brand new waterproof hiking boots.
Tuesday the weather improved and I got to visit the last of the relatives I'd particularly wanted to see this trip.
Wednesday was lovely -- too bad I had to waste it on I-95.
It was the perfect time to enjoy the flowering trees, particularly on the campus of my alma mater, the University of NC at Chapel Hill. The luck stopped here. It rained for two-and-a-half of my three full days in the state.
In Chapel Hill Monday, I dodged the rain for a while by going to the local YMCA to swim. I'd driven nearly 600 miles to do the same thing I would have done on a Monday morning here.
It was still raining when I left the Y, so I took the big umbrella I carry in the car and did a cross-campus trek that proved a good test for my brand new waterproof hiking boots.
Tuesday the weather improved and I got to visit the last of the relatives I'd particularly wanted to see this trip.
Wednesday was lovely -- too bad I had to waste it on I-95.

No comments:
Post a Comment