View from the fort at St. AugustineCopyright 2009 Lydia Hinshaw
ST. AUGUSTINE, FL --After five days and nearly 30 inches of rain, we have parked the ark.
Saturday we only got two inches of precip. Sunday was overcast, but the clouds never made good on their threats. Monday we saw the sun again for the first time in, what, eight or nine days?
Prince Charming and I finally felt safe to leave the house, driving to St. Augustine and Vilano Beach for lunch and sightseeing. In St. Augustine we wandered around the Castillo de San Marcos, the ancient Spanish fort that is a top tourist draw. I last visited about five years ago; the Prince can't remember the last time he walked these ramparts.
From up on top I was able to frame the local lighthouse with the masts of a sailboat.
It was good to see Florida back to normal. Now we can resume our routine, which involves lots of complaining about the heat.
Saturday we only got two inches of precip. Sunday was overcast, but the clouds never made good on their threats. Monday we saw the sun again for the first time in, what, eight or nine days?
Prince Charming and I finally felt safe to leave the house, driving to St. Augustine and Vilano Beach for lunch and sightseeing. In St. Augustine we wandered around the Castillo de San Marcos, the ancient Spanish fort that is a top tourist draw. I last visited about five years ago; the Prince can't remember the last time he walked these ramparts.
From up on top I was able to frame the local lighthouse with the masts of a sailboat.
It was good to see Florida back to normal. Now we can resume our routine, which involves lots of complaining about the heat.

No comments:
Post a Comment