Yellow-crowned night-heron with crabCopyright 2009 Lydia Hinshaw
ORMOND BEACH, FL -- For a week or so I've been seeing a yellow-crowned night-heron prowling the shoreline of the Intracoastal Waterway near my home.
It's been quite a while since I saw one of these birds in the neighborhood. In fact, there has been such a bland diet of pigeons, pelicans and gulls lately that I rarely set out with the camera at all.
A couple of days ago I got lucky when my new friend captured a crab and generously allowed me to photograph him preparing it, by crunching it repeatedly, and finally gulping it down.
On other fronts, Prince Charming and I still haven't found jobs for the summer. If we'd known it would be this difficult, we would have applied for 20 jobs instead of five.
There's still hope that one of our phones will ring. If not, we're contemplating an extremely budget-conscious vacation trip instead.
It's been quite a while since I saw one of these birds in the neighborhood. In fact, there has been such a bland diet of pigeons, pelicans and gulls lately that I rarely set out with the camera at all.
A couple of days ago I got lucky when my new friend captured a crab and generously allowed me to photograph him preparing it, by crunching it repeatedly, and finally gulping it down.
On other fronts, Prince Charming and I still haven't found jobs for the summer. If we'd known it would be this difficult, we would have applied for 20 jobs instead of five.
There's still hope that one of our phones will ring. If not, we're contemplating an extremely budget-conscious vacation trip instead.

No comments:
Post a Comment