Copyright 2009 Lydia Hinshaw
Six-foot gator who doesn't care if I can see himTITUSVILLE, FL -- We finished out 2009 at one of our favorite places, the Merritt Island National Wildlife Refuge.
The light wasn't particularly good and the wildlife wasn't particularly abundant, but I did find these two characters.
The green heron, a reclusive sort, was hiding in mangroves several feet below the level of the road I was walking along. Several other folks walked right by without spotting him, but I knew where to look. This fellow, or one of his relatives, is hanging around this spot almost every time we visit.
The alligator was in an unusual head-up pose, motionless as a statue.
The light wasn't particularly good and the wildlife wasn't particularly abundant, but I did find these two characters.
The green heron, a reclusive sort, was hiding in mangroves several feet below the level of the road I was walking along. Several other folks walked right by without spotting him, but I knew where to look. This fellow, or one of his relatives, is hanging around this spot almost every time we visit.
The alligator was in an unusual head-up pose, motionless as a statue.


No comments:
Post a Comment