Copyright 2008 Lydia Hinshaw
LEADVILLE, CO -- We were in southern Wyoming Thursday morning when I spotted a giant bird sitting on a fencepost right beside the road. I ordered Prince Charming to stop and back up.
This wasn't a problem, since we could see for miles in both directions and there wasn't another vehicle in sight.
The bird paid us no mind while I fired away.
I'm no expert on birds, but I am quite familiar with young golden eagles, having watched two of them being hand-raised when I worked as a tour guide in Skagway, AK, in 2006. This fellow looks just like my old friends, and he is far too large to be anything else.
Otherwise, Thursday was another colorful day. The picture below was shot near Rabbit Ears pass, on the way to Steamboat Springs, where we had lunch before continuing to Leadville.
This wasn't a problem, since we could see for miles in both directions and there wasn't another vehicle in sight.
The bird paid us no mind while I fired away.
I'm no expert on birds, but I am quite familiar with young golden eagles, having watched two of them being hand-raised when I worked as a tour guide in Skagway, AK, in 2006. This fellow looks just like my old friends, and he is far too large to be anything else.
Otherwise, Thursday was another colorful day. The picture below was shot near Rabbit Ears pass, on the way to Steamboat Springs, where we had lunch before continuing to Leadville.

No comments:
Post a Comment