(c) 2010 Lydia Hinshaw
WEST COLUMBIA, TX -- Editing pictures sometimes falls behind our actual travels. Just last night I discovered this gator with a blue tint, shot at sunrise in Gulf Islands National Seashore Sunday morning.
Monday we toured a tabasco factory (not as bad as I thought it would be) and the adjacent jungle gardens, where thousands of egrets had come to nest. Several ranks of racks built in a pond were a crowded combination maternity ward and nursery, as some birds were still incubating eggs, and others were busy tending to little fuzzyheads.
Now it's Tuesday, and we're in Texas.
Monday we toured a tabasco factory (not as bad as I thought it would be) and the adjacent jungle gardens, where thousands of egrets had come to nest. Several ranks of racks built in a pond were a crowded combination maternity ward and nursery, as some birds were still incubating eggs, and others were busy tending to little fuzzyheads.
Now it's Tuesday, and we're in Texas.

No comments:
Post a Comment