Thursday, June 04, 2015

A day at the museum

©2015 Lydia Hinshaw

Bobcat
Hummingbird
Porcupine takes a nap

 TUCSON, AZ -- Thursday's forecast high was in double digits for the first time since we arrived here a week ago.  So we decided it was a good time to visit the Arizona-Sonora Desert Museum, which was highly recommended by the couple for whom we're housesitting.
 Usually I'm no fan of museums, but this was my kind of place, almost all outdoors, with lots of live animals.  And the weather was an improvement, holding to the mid-90s and even contributing a few raindrops during our nearly five hours on the property.
 My favorites characters are pictured above.  This bobcat was as regal and inscrutable as the house-cat he resembles.  The hummingbird aviary was a spot where I could spend hours, and it would take many, many hours before I could learn to tell one kind from another.
 The porcupine, sleeping half in and half out of her cave, reminded me of how I often feel in the heat of Southern Arizona, or, for that matter, Central Florida.
 
 
 

No comments: