SEWARD, AK -- The past three days, we've gorged ourselves on scenery, finding more to tempt our cameras around every bend in the Alaska Highway, the Tok Cutoff, the Glenn Highway and finally the Seward Highway.
Tonight we're collapsed in a hotel in this lovely port village, surrounded by mountains still mostly covered with
snow.
Tonight we're collapsed in a hotel in this lovely port village, surrounded by mountains still mostly covered with
snow.
I had no problem with the test, but every time
I see my new Alaska DL, I wonder whose wallet
I've picked up by mistake.
Anyhow, with that paperwork taken care of, we have a few days to kill, which will give us a chance to see a bit more of Alaska. Just a tiny bit more, though. The state is so big it will take far more than two summers to begin to know it.
Here are a few glimpses -- you can click on each picture to make it larger. The first two shots, Pickhandle Lake and Kluane Lake, are actually in Canada's Yukon Territory.
Last July, we camped out in a tent on Kluane Lake, near the blue-roofed cabin on the right in the picture. Of course, the lake was actually a lake at the time.
We spotted the two swans napping in a chilly spot -- on the ice of a partially liquefied lake along the Tok Cutoff.
And the last photo is a roadside shot from the Glenn Highway.

No comments:
Post a Comment