Copyright 2008 Lydia Hinshaw
JACKSON, WY -- It was another uneventful but entertaining day on the road.
We took a side trip to Bear Lake, ID, a place I'd visited on a bicycle trip in 1992 and remembered for its bird life. We didn't see many birds, but there was a family of western grebes which I couldn't identify until I checked them out on the Internet later.
One single, very familiar snowy egret was so camera-shy I couldn't get a decent picture of him at all. Back home in Florida snowy egrets often have little fear of humans, perhaps because fishermen are always tossing them shrimp snacks.
On the road to Bear Lake, somebody had left a pasture gate open and a dozen or more cows were wandering the road shoulders and the pavement itself.
This one moved aside for us but blasted us with an indignant M-O-O-O-O!!! as we drove past.
We took a side trip to Bear Lake, ID, a place I'd visited on a bicycle trip in 1992 and remembered for its bird life. We didn't see many birds, but there was a family of western grebes which I couldn't identify until I checked them out on the Internet later.
One single, very familiar snowy egret was so camera-shy I couldn't get a decent picture of him at all. Back home in Florida snowy egrets often have little fear of humans, perhaps because fishermen are always tossing them shrimp snacks.
On the road to Bear Lake, somebody had left a pasture gate open and a dozen or more cows were wandering the road shoulders and the pavement itself.
This one moved aside for us but blasted us with an indignant M-O-O-O-O!!! as we drove past.

No comments:
Post a Comment