Wednesday, June 27, 2012

Canadian citizens we've met

©2012 Lydia Hinshaw


  LAKE LOUISE, AB -- Just catching up on some wildlife photography from the past few days, now that I've found reliable wi-fi.




Wolf along the highway east of Jasper, AB.  This is the first wolf I've ever seen in the Canadian Rockies.  I've heard and read stories about how they are often hit by cars along this stretch of road.
Loon in Pyramid Lake, Jasper, AB.  Loons are shy creatures and can detect an approaching human from a great distance.  This one is half of a nesting pair I found after reading about them in the local newspaper
Bull elk with the munchies, near Banff, AB.  Elk aren't shy.  They're big enough that they don't have to be afraid of humans or cameras.
Worst-dressed candidate?  Not really.  In a month, this female bighorn sheep will have finished shedding her winter wool and growing a new, lighter coat for summer.


Stop!  You have reached the end of this post
  Ground squirrel at Mount Edith Cavell, Jasper, AB



No comments: