Monday, September 03, 2012

I'm a geezer at last!

 ©2012 Lydia Hinshaw

My golden age passport
 WEST GLACIER, MT -- All I wanted for my 62nd birthday Monday was my lifetime National Parks pass.
 At 62, any American can pay $10 for the pass, which covers free admission to all National Parks, National Forests, National Wildlife Refuges and goodness knows what else.  In addition, I can now camp for half price in almost any campground in any of these places.
 So bright and early Monday morning we drove to Glacier NP's entrance station and I handed over my driver's license and my $10.  The cheerful young ranger accused me of presenting a fake ID.  I'll bet he says that to all the girls.
 Of course, I haven't paid to get into a National Park, or full price to camp, in the past seven years, since Prince Charming got his "geezer pass."
 Now he'd better be on his best behavior because I don't need him for free park entry anymore!

No comments: