Monday, September 10, 2007

The last good day?

Friday morning the weather was fine

Copyright 2007 Lydia Hinshaw

DENALI NATIONAL PARK, AK -- I've been working an afternoon shift the past three days, so I've spent the morning wandering around shooting pictures of things I want to remember.
Walking back from the park to our cabin, I've crossed this pedestrian bridge over the Nenana River many times. When we arrived in May, there were no leaves on the hardwoods at left, and the river was a narrow stream running between icepacks. There was snow atop Mount Healy too.
Summer melted the ice and turned everything green. Now fall's neon lights up everything.
This was shot Friday morning, on probably the last sunny day we will see here. It's been gray and drizzling off and on since then, and that's the forecast for the remainder of our stay.
We each have two work days left. Early Wednesday, we'll be starting our 5,500-mile drive home.

No comments: