Mount Healy wearing fall colorsCopyright 2007 Lydia Hinshaw
DENALI NATIONAL PARK, AK -- Prince Charming is a weather junkie. Since we have no access to television or radio here, he must depend on the Internet for his weather reports.
It had been cloudy and rainy all weekend, and the forecast for this week was more of the same. Yet we awoke Monday to this perfect day.
My afternoon run into the park was a delight and my passengers were awed.
When it's gray and dreary, the Prince and I can't wait to get on the road. On days like Monday, we want to stay here forever.
We each have one more day of work. Unless the weather takes a dramatic turn in the next 24 hour, I will finish the season without ever having to deal with the dreaded chains all buses carry.
We did a lot of packing today. Tomorrow while I'm driving my last run into the Park, the Prince will be trying to get everything into the car.
It had been cloudy and rainy all weekend, and the forecast for this week was more of the same. Yet we awoke Monday to this perfect day.
My afternoon run into the park was a delight and my passengers were awed.
When it's gray and dreary, the Prince and I can't wait to get on the road. On days like Monday, we want to stay here forever.
We each have one more day of work. Unless the weather takes a dramatic turn in the next 24 hour, I will finish the season without ever having to deal with the dreaded chains all buses carry.
We did a lot of packing today. Tomorrow while I'm driving my last run into the Park, the Prince will be trying to get everything into the car.

No comments:
Post a Comment