(c) 2010 Lydia Hinshaw
DIXIE NATIONAL FOREST, UT -- Florida didn't seem so far away Monday morning, when Prince Charming and I took a walk from our campsite to Duck Creek Pond.
I was snapping away at a family of mallard ducks, which are pretty common back home, when I noticed a large bird overhead. Sure enough, it was an osprey, just like the ones I'm always seeing and photographing over the river a block from my house.
While I watched the osprey dive and catch a fish, the Prince spotted a great blue heron, another bird common in Florida. It alighted on a tall, dead ponderosa pine.
On our way back to our campsite to brew our morning coffee, we found a gap in the woods that allowed this view of Mr. Heron.
The wildlife reminded us of home, but our goosebumps and our digital thermometer argued otherwise. It was 45 degrees when we woke up Monday morning.
I was snapping away at a family of mallard ducks, which are pretty common back home, when I noticed a large bird overhead. Sure enough, it was an osprey, just like the ones I'm always seeing and photographing over the river a block from my house.
While I watched the osprey dive and catch a fish, the Prince spotted a great blue heron, another bird common in Florida. It alighted on a tall, dead ponderosa pine.
On our way back to our campsite to brew our morning coffee, we found a gap in the woods that allowed this view of Mr. Heron.
The wildlife reminded us of home, but our goosebumps and our digital thermometer argued otherwise. It was 45 degrees when we woke up Monday morning.

No comments:
Post a Comment