(c) 2010 Lydia Hinshaw
ZION NATIONAL PARK, UT -- We spent the Fourth here, hiking some easy trails, and enjoying the antics of several rock squirrels.
These two are little guys, part of a litter of three who were frolicking outside their den. Unfortunately, I could never get all three of them into the same plane of focus; the third squirrel was always fuzzy enough to ruin the whole picture.
Nearby was an adult squirrel trying to ignore the three juveniles. Probably their mother.
Not far along the trail we spotted another interesting specimen of wildlife, a three-foot rattlesnake with at least 10 rattles. I decided not to use a picture of him, as he wasn't very appealing.
These two are little guys, part of a litter of three who were frolicking outside their den. Unfortunately, I could never get all three of them into the same plane of focus; the third squirrel was always fuzzy enough to ruin the whole picture.
Nearby was an adult squirrel trying to ignore the three juveniles. Probably their mother.
Not far along the trail we spotted another interesting specimen of wildlife, a three-foot rattlesnake with at least 10 rattles. I decided not to use a picture of him, as he wasn't very appealing.

No comments:
Post a Comment