(c) 2010 Lydia Hinshaw
NORTH RIM, AZ -- We decided to spend our days off at the Grand Canyon this week. There are a couple of hikes we've been wanting to do, and Sunday we settled on the Widforss Trail, a 10-mile out-and-back trek that doesn't have major climbs and descents.
I carried an extra five pounds of camera and lens in hopes of getting a shot of the elusive Kaibab squirrel, but again failed in that quest. However, before we even got to the trail-head we spotted a wild turkey with two offspring who helped me out by jumping on her back while I was firing away.
Later I surprised a young rabbit trying to hide behind a log and too terrified to move. He finally raced away up the steep hill that was in front of him.
The bunny of course reminded me of Jazzy, the daycare rabbit back home.
I carried an extra five pounds of camera and lens in hopes of getting a shot of the elusive Kaibab squirrel, but again failed in that quest. However, before we even got to the trail-head we spotted a wild turkey with two offspring who helped me out by jumping on her back while I was firing away.
Later I surprised a young rabbit trying to hide behind a log and too terrified to move. He finally raced away up the steep hill that was in front of him.
The bunny of course reminded me of Jazzy, the daycare rabbit back home.

1 comment:
YAY! We've made contact. I emailed you again with some pictures this time. I hope you get this one!
Post a Comment